Galaxy and Co. Website Terms and Conditions
Your use of this site indicates your acceptance of these terms and your agreement to follow and be bound by them. Do not use the site if you do not agree to be bound by these terms. We may periodically change the terms, without notice, so kindly check them from time to time as your continued use of the site signifies your acceptance of any changed terms.
Welcome and thank you for using the Galaxy & Co. site ("the site"). The site is hosted and managed in the Republic of South Africa and provides information to customers and potential customers of Galaxy & Co. Use of the information on the site are subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, to the exclusion of all other terms.
For the purposes of this Agreement the terms "our", "we" and/or "the Company" shall mean Galaxy & Co.
To obtain permissions for the commercial use of any content on this site contact Galaxy & Co. at +27 21 590 3600 or email@example.com.
Galaxy & Co. retains all copyright in all material, including logos and other graphics, which form part of the site. All data and information communicated to or from the site and/or any site information and database remain and shall be the sole property of Galaxy & Co.
Galaxy & Co. grant you permission to view, electronically copy and print in hard copy portions of the site for the sole purpose of browsing the site for your personal use only. Any other use of materials on the site, including a reproduction for purposes other than those noted above, modification, distribution or reproduction, without the prior written consent of Galaxy & Co. and the lawful trademark and/or copyright owner (if applicable) is strictly prohibited and constitutes an unlawful infringement of the intellectual property rights of Galaxy & Co. and/or such trademark and/or copyright owner.
No person, business or web site may link to any page on this site without the prior written permission of Galaxy & Co.
No person, business or web site may frame this site or any of the pages on this site in any way whatsoever.
DISCLAIMERS AND EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY
You expressly agree that use of the site or the Internet is entirely at your own risk. The site and its contents are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis and Galaxy & Co. make no representations or warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including without limitation with respect to the site, its contents, the accuracy thereof, or any warranties or representations regarding the effectiveness of any security or encryption facilities. Galaxy & Co. do not warrant that the functions provided by the site will be uninterrupted or error free, or that the site or the server that makes it available are free from viruses or other harmful components.
Save as expressly set out herein, Galaxy & Co. shall under no circumstances whatsoever be liable to you, including without limitation, as a result of or in connection with Galaxy & Co. negligent (including grossly negligent) acts or omissions or those of their employees, agents or designees or other persons for whom in law they may be liable (in whose favour this constitutes a contract or undertaking for their benefit), for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential loss or damage of any kind whatsoever or howsoever caused (whether arising under contract, delict or otherwise and whether the loss was actually foreseen or reasonably foreseeable).
Galaxy & Co., their directors, employers, designees, agents, representatives, affiliates and suppliers shall not be liable for any loss, damage (whether direct, indirect or consequential) or expense of any nature whatsoever which may be suffered as a result of or which may be attributable, directly or indirectly, to the use of or reliance upon the site (including any information contained thereon) or the Internet.
The content contained on the site may be used by you for your own personal, non-commercial information purposes only. In using the site you agree not to infect it with any computer programming (such as a virus) that may damage, interfere with, delay or intercept any data or information on the site and you shall indemnify Galaxy & Co. for any damage caused by any such act attributable to you.
If any provision of this Agreement is unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this Agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining terms.
This Agreement constitutes the whole agreement between the parties relating to the subject matter hereof.
At the option of Galaxy & Co., any dispute arising out of the Agreement may be brought in any Magistrates' Court of competent jurisdiction notwithstanding that the amount in issue may exceed the jurisdiction of such court.
This Agreement is governed by the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
ONLINE STORE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The price of each product is displayed with the product. In the event of a sale or special offer, the discounted price is displayed.
Prices may vary. All prices displayed online are applicable to South Africa only.
1.2 Delivery Costs:
The cost of delivery within the borders of South Africa is determined as follows:
(a) if the value of the goods in the order is more than R2500.00 then there are no delivery charges,
(b) If the value of the goods in the order is less than R2500.00 then the delivery charge will be R150.00. Irrespective of the value of the order, delivery to any Galaxy store will have no delivery charges.
1.3 Value Added Tax:
- Value added tax at the rate of 15% (effective 1st April 2018) is charged on goods delivered into South Africa.
2.1 Inside the borders of South Africa
- All items purchased on the Galaxy & Co. website will be delivered within 5 working days.
- However all orders placed on a weekend will only be processed on a Monday.
2.2 Delays and cancellations
- Galaxy & Co. makes every effort to assure that the information supplied on the site is accurate.
- Where delays and out of stock situations occur, every effort will be made to inform the buyer.
3. AGREEMENTS OF SALE
Placing an item in a shopping basket or adding it to a wishlist without completing the purchase cycle does not:
- constitute an agreement of sale between Galaxy & Co. and users cannot hold Galaxy & Co. liable if such items are not available when the purchase cycle is completed later; and/or
- constitute an order for such an item.
An agreement of sale between Galaxy & Co. and a user only comes into effect if and when:
- A credit card authorisation is received from the issuing bank.
- Galaxy & Co. reserves the right to refuse to accept and/or execute an order without giving any reasons. Galaxy & Co. also reserves the right to cancel orders in whole or in part as circumstances dictate. Galaxy & Co. shall only be liable to refund monies already paid by the user.
- Galaxy & Co. shall take all reasonable efforts to maintain correct prices. However, should errors occur and items are offered at incorrect prices, Galaxy & Co. will not be obliged to sell goods at such incorrect prices and shall only be liable to refund monies paid.
- Consumers can view or print a full record of the transaction that is maintained for a period of twelve months on the Galaxy & Co. website.
4. PAYMENT METHODS
Credit card payments
- At the time of placing the order, the transaction details are presented to the bank and an authorisation is obtained for the amount of the order.
- Payment is collected when the order is placed, and before the goods are shipped.
- Note that to protect its own and the interests of customers, Galaxy & Co. scrutinizes all transactions very carefully to prevent attempted fraud and a transaction may be refused if Galaxy & Co, is not satisfied with it’s legitimacy.
5. PRODUCT GUARANTEE
- If Galaxy & Co. supplies the product and it is in any way damaged, Galaxy & Co. will exchange it within 7 days of invoice.
- Galaxy & Co. will make a reasonable effort to exchange the product, but if a replacement is not possible, Galaxy & Co. will refund the purchase price including delivery cost.
- Please note: goods are not guaranteed against faults resulting from normal wear and tear.
- If the user is not satisfied with his/her choice and the product is still in mint condition and in its original packaging, the user may return it within 7 days of invoice and Galaxy & Co. will refund the purchase price(including delivery costs).
- Before any goods are returned, a return authorization must be obtained from Galaxy & Co. This may be obtained via email – firstname.lastname@example.org or by contacting Galaxy & Co.’s Head Office during normal office hours.
- All diamonds are tested for authenticity prior to being dispatched to the customer.
- All watches must be returned with the guarantee book, watch box and any links which may have been removed.
- Proof of purchase is required for all returns/exchanges and refunds.
- The price paid by the customer is the price on which the refund is based.
- Once you have registered, your personal details can only be accessed by way of a password. We suggest that you keep this password private to ensure that no one else can gain access to this information.
- Galaxy & Co. shall take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information of Users. For the purpose of this clause, personal information" shall be defined as detailed in the Protection of Personal Information Act, 2013. The POPI may be downloaded here.
Galaxy & Co. may electronically collect, store and use the following personal information of users:
- name and surname;
- country of residence;
- city and province;
- non-personal browsing habits and click patterns;
- e-mail address, and;
- IP address.
Galaxy & Co. collects, stores and uses the abovementioned information for the following purposes:
- To greet the User when he/she accesses the Galaxy & Co. web site;
- Subject to the User's consent, inform the User about competitions and special offers from Galaxy & Co. and/or its partners / affiliates; to compile non-personal statistical information about browsing habits, click-patterns and access to the Galaxy & Co. web site.
- To verify the identity of the User when transacting with Galaxy & Co. to ensure that the goods are received by the addressee
- Information detailed above is collected either electronically by using cookies or is provided voluntarily by the User.
- The User may elect not to receive any communications from Galaxy & Co. and/or its partners / affiliates.
Galaxy & Co. may collect, maintain, save, compile, share, disclose and sell any information collected from users, subject to the following provisions:
- Galaxy & Co. shall not disclose personal information from Users unless the User consents thereto;
- Galaxy & Co. shall disclose information without the User's consent only through due legal process; and Galaxy & Co. may compile, use and share any information that does not relate to any specific individual;
- Galaxy & Co. owns and retains all rights to non-personal statistical information collected and compiled by Galaxy & Co.
- Any person that delivers or attempts to deliver any damaging code to this web site or attempts to gain unauthorised access to any page on this web site shall be prosecuted and civil damages shall be claimed in the event that Galaxy & Co. suffers any damage or loss.
The user agrees and warrants that its log-in name and password shall:
- Be used for personal use only; and not be disclosed to any third party;
- The user allows Galaxy & Co. to take all reasonable steps to ensure the integrity and security of the Galaxy & Co. site and back-office applications;
- All credit card transactions are Secure Socket Layered encrypted.
8 CHANGES TO AGREEMENT
- Galaxy & Co. may, in its sole discretion can change this agreement or any part thereof at any time without notice.
- In the event of any dispute of any nature whatsoever arising between the parties on any matter provided for in, or arising out of this agreement, will be resolved through the Customer Relations Department of Galaxy & Co. Each matter will be treated on an individual basis.
- The Customer Relations Department is contactable at the Head Office:
- Sheena Ruiters Contact details – Telephone number +27 21 590 3600, email address – email@example.com.
- Sheena Ruiters Contact details – Telephone number +27 21 590 3600, email address – firstname.lastname@example.org.
GALAXY POLICY PRIVACY PLEDGE
Galaxy & Co. ensures that your privacy is protected throughout your journey around our website.
OUR PROMISE TO YOU
Galaxy & Co.’s products are subject to stringent quality control checks ensuring quality of an international standard.
All gold is certified to be 9ct or 18ct as indicated in the product.
All gold and diamond jewellery is sold with a valuation certificate which may be used for insurance purposes.
We support the internationally accepted Kimberly Process which certifies our diamonds as conflict free.
Customer Refund and Exchange Policy
You may return the goods for a refund within 7 days of the date of purchase,
- The goods are in their original condition and have not been used, damaged or altered in any way.
- For hygienic reasons this excludes earrings and all body jewellery such as nose, belly and toe rings
- All goods must be returned in the original packaging, along with any watch guarantee and box.
- The original invoice is required as proof of purchase.
You have 30 days from date of purchase in which to exchange your purchase if you are not completely satisfied.
The terms and conditions stated above will apply.
The option of a gift card is also available.
If the goods are defective due to a manufacturing fault they may be returned
within six months of the date of purchase provided that:
- They were used for the intended purpose
- They have been cared for